Does chronic glomerulonephritis increase the risk of facial swelling following lower face lift surgery? I suffer from chronic glomerulonephritis which causes my knees, feet and face to swell occasionally. Would a lower face lift provoke a swelling episode

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
20 years experience in Facial Plastic Surgery
Even : Even without chronic glomerulonephritis you should expect pretty significant facial swelling after a facelift. With that diagnosis, though, it is very important for you to get medical clearance from your nephrologist to have surgery. He or she would best be able to say whether your kidney disorder creates additional risks to facelift surgery.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1