How can i take time off work to recover from cosmetic surgery?

9 doctors weighed in across 5 answers

Request it: It depends on your company policy but my patients commonly take time off after cosmetic surgery. Some companies may allow you to take sick leave but i believe most will require you to take vacation. You board certified plastic surgeon can provide you with a note if needed.

Answered 8/26/2013

6.4k views

Dr. Robert Alexander answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Depends on surg: Recovery is a personal and procedural function, and you must specify what is the procedure and its extent to be able to answer this question. Wound healing is a very complex set of events, many of which neither you nor the surgeon can control.

Answered 7/20/2012

6.3k views

Dr. Todd Sisto answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Ask: Your boss for medical leave. They are mot permitted to ask about the nature of health issues.

Answered 8/12/2015

6.3k views

Depends: That would be up to your boss! most jobs do allow for personal time off.

Answered 10/22/2017

6k views

Be creative: Probably the easiest thing to do us ask but that is only if you are not concerned about what people think. I am sure you could conceive of more creative ways.

Answered 7/5/2012

6k views