A male asked:

Chest tightness that comes and goes light headed fuzzy feeling in my back. all symptoms happen and go away. whats happening they thought it was broncides and gave me doxycycline just finished i and a step down of prednisone and a inhaler. and take an 24 h

Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You might need further testing of your heart. A test where they evaluate your heart while you are doing exercise may be helpful. A second test where your heart is monitored for 24 hours. This entails you wearing a special monitor called a holter monitor. Yoyushould also have basic blood tests and possibly a ct scan of your chest if not done previously. Lastly, do these symptoms occur when you are under a lot os stress or anxiety? If so you may need a mental health evaluation for a possible anxiety disorder. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Specializes in Cardiology
Best to : Discuss this with the healthcare provider whongave you your rxs. www.thepmc.org.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 33 years experience
I : I am glad that you had your heart evaluated and have sought medical care. Any chest tightness must be taken seriously. It sounds like your doctor thought you have bronchitis and you were placed on prednisone. It would be important to note if you think that your bronchitis is better. Also try to note if you think you are having any GI symptoms, such as burning or acid taste in your mouth. If you continue having these symptoms, have worsening of the discomfort, or if you have any discomfort in your jaw, arms, nausea, vomiting, or light-headedness, then please be re-evaluated.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016