how can someone find medical schools that really use students to examine and treat illnesses for a small fee? one would think that a medical school would be an excellent place of treatment for the poor or seriously ill to get medical health from doctors

2 doctor answers
Dr. Grant Lynde
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
In : In the United States, no unlicensed physician may practice medicine unsupervised like you are describing. This includes medical students, who aren't even physicians yet. I'm also sorry to tell you, but no medical school "needs" practice patients to work on for free. Patients usually travel to medical schools and universities to receive top-notch care and if uninsured are generally willing to receive the care. In truly extraordinary cases, medical schools and universities will perform charity care for educational benefit.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1
Dr. John Goldman
55 years experience Rheumatology
County medical hospi: depending where you live County medical hospitals are able to give care, including to those with low or no income. I think you should check with your hospital in your county see what the prices are. Tell them you'd be interested to see a medical student intern or resident as they may have clinics actually focused with these physicians in training.
Answered on Apr 1, 2019