Will zilactin-l make an undeveloped cold sore look worse , before it makes it better?cause im not sure if its a cold sore. i was peeling the skin off of my lips and thats what caused the sore. so if its not a cold sore i sure hate to dry it all out and ma

Dr. Joy Jackson
I'm : I'm not sure if you are dealing with a cold sore. Normally peeling the skin off your lips would not result in a cold sore. You probably caused trauma to the lip resulting in an abrasion. Cold sores are fluid filled bumps that are very tender. If the lesion you speak of does not fit this description, then i would probably hold off on the zilactin-l. If you want a definitive answer i recommend a visit to your doctor. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Steven Koos
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 22 years experience
No: It won't. Herpes lesions follow a normal course of development and healing. Sometimes the lesion can be subdued, shortened, and suppressed. Zovirax ointment, Valtrex (valacyclovir) loading dose, or laser treatment at very first prodrome can all be successful at this. I have many "usual" recurring patients who come in at first sign and laser treatment does wonders!
Last updated Oct 3, 2016