U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 25-year-old male asked:

I have recently started playing sport again after 7 years football (soccer). i have serious leg pain in my calfs and knees while running. what do i do?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Take it slow: Be sure you stretch often and a lot before any exercise. Take it slowly since you have not been physically active for seven years. If the pain is not improving with rest, stretching before exercise/activity, and even trying some otc nsaids to decrease inflammation, then seek a medical exam. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 23, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.