A male asked:

Are there any skin or sensitivity problems that occur when a turkey neck surgically removed? i am looking into getting my turkey neck surgically removed and i am wondering if the surgery will cause other problems. after surgery, is my condition likely to

Dr. Dennis Dass
Plastic Surgery 15 years experience
Several : Several techniques are used to improve the contour of the neck. The specific technique, or combination thereof, will be customized to your specific condition. During a face and neck lift, the skin is redraped and the excess is removed. The muscles are not removed, they will be repositioned and tightened with sutures, and may or may not be divided in the neck. This surgery will typically result in a tight feeling and some numbness but this will resolve over time. Your medical problems will need to be optimized before surgery to minimize the risk of complications. The results are long lasting, but are not forever. The longevity of the procedure is highly dependent on the quality of your tissue.
Dr. Kenneth Stein
42 years experience
Turkey neck: The procedure for removing a turkey neck, is a facelift. You will have temporary numbness of the skin (for 6-12 months). There should not be any permanent changes.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016