A male asked:

Are evolence injections likely to cause an allergic reaction? in order to get rid of some of the wrinkles around my eyes, i am looking into getting evolence injections. i have never used this kind of dermal filler, so i am concerned about having an allerg

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Evolence : Evolence is a structural agent made of collagen, a protein. It is a gel that is injected into the skin. Persons with a history of allergy to collagen, a history of recurrent anaphylactic reactions or a presence of recurrent severe allergic reactions should not recieve this treatment. Allergy testing is not a typical pre-procedural recommendation, unless you believe you may be allergic to collagen products.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 19 years experience
Vanity: I have seen a significant number of adverse reactions with these types of injections. Let the buyer beware.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016