how could i show cannabis in my urine test when it has been 20 years since i last smoked pot? i recently had to take a urine test for drugs. it showed my use of prescribed oxycodine and cannabis. i haven ot smoked pot for over 20 years. i have not injeste

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience Addiction Medicine
It shouldnt: Was the test a screening test or was it confirmed? Screening tests have lots of false positives - many of the drugs used in treating arthritis (like ibuprofen) can cause false positives. If it was confirmed with an appropriate technique (like gc/ms), those positives should be proven to be false. There are also mistakes in labeling the sample either when collected or tested. Demand a repeat test.
Answered on Jun 1, 2013