A male asked:

is the recovery from thigh surgery longer than arm lift surgery? i'm having thigh lift surgery to improve my shape and ripply legs. i would like to know what is the typical length of the recovery period. how soon can i return to normal exercise routines a

Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Plastic Surgery 40 years experience
I : I find that the recovery from thigh lift surgery can be quite prolonged. You will have some difficulty sitting and walking initially. It is a longer recovery and usually more difficult than arm lift surgery. I would estimate that the typical recovery time for general activity is 2-3 weeks and for return to exercise is 6-8 weeks. You could certainly begin to use some arm weights sooner than that.
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Thigh surgery: Thigh surgery is a longer recovery than arm lift surgery. You can count on two weeks of discomfort. It may take as long as a month to get back to your normal exercise routine.
Dr. Gary Tuma
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Recovery: This varies from patient to patient but most recovery is 4-6 weeks. No aggressive exercise for 6 weeks. The recovery can be more difficult as compared to the arms. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to go over all these questions.
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Yes, it is longer: The recovery time after a thigh lift is about 3 weeks with bed rest (avoiding all movement) for the first 7 days.. It is also a little more demanding than arm lift recovery time - which is about 2 weeks with bed rest for the first 48 hours. You should be able to resume activities 4-6 weeks after an arm lift; 6-8 weeks after a thigh lift. However, your surgeon should give you specific instructions.