Does laser hair removal really work? is it really permanent? i know each person is different and each laser is unique but i've had 4 procedures so far on my legs and at first the results were amazing. i didn't need to shave my legs for an entire month in

Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 31 years experience
It : It can be permanent but will need several treatments. Please consult only with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. Allison Holzapfel
Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Permanent reduction: Laser hair reduction permanently reduces the number of hairs in the area treated. Treating the area on a consistent basis will give the best results as it will catch the hairs as they go through the various stages of hair growth. Pigmented hair responds most effectively, white and blonde hairs cannot be removed with lasers.
Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Laser hair: Laser hair removal is effective if done by the right persons and the right laser machine. It will be permanent when done well.

Last updated May 8, 2019