Canada

Female friend told me that after her hair laser treatment for her legs+other areas, hair came out stronger in new areas. is that possible? reasons?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
I do not think so: however there is a strange phenomenon that in a few cases there can be an increase in hair growth in treated areas of laser. i think this is related to hormonal issues but the cause has yet to be elucidated
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. GUNWANT DHALIWAL
Laser Hair Removal: The hair that are removed with laser are practically burnt to their roots. Other hair that are in different stages of growth continue to grow. Multiple treatments are needed to completely remove the hair. Even after that there needs to be maintainance laser treatment needed.
Last updated Nov 21, 2014