A male asked:

can body contouring make my body look normal again? i lost 100 pounds within the past year, and even though i'm at a healthy weight, i have trouble fitting into clothes because my skin sags and i have loose, flabby areas on my stomach and arms. can body c

Dr. Robert Grenley
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
Yes, : Yes, body contouring in the sense of procedures that remove extra and sagging skin can be helpful following massive weight loss. These are procedures such as tummy tuck, breast lift, upper arm lift, inner and out thigh/buttock lift, etc. Fat that is attached to the extra skin is removed with it, and some areas of extra fat can be contoured with liposuction. If a patient was still heavy (for example, a patient who lost 100 pounds and now weighed 275), they are not yet a candidate for either liposuction or most excisional procedures until they continue to lose weight and get closer to their ideal weight.
Dr. Ofer Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 31 years experience
If : If you remove more fat it is going to get looser. If you have excess skin, it should be excised, please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
Yes: Remember you will be trading scars for contours.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016