India

itchy scalp (esp near ear and neck), dandruff if i dont take head bath every alternate day, and small itchy bumps on scalp near ear and neck under the hair which sometimes turn into pimple and burst open. what could be the reason.

Dr. Lawrence Parish
Dermatology 58 years experience
Scalp Dermatitis: You may have seborrheic dermatitis, aggravated by applying grease, pomades, or other occlusive agents. Using a shampoo that has tar for five minutes at least every five days should control it. If the condition persists, consult with a dermatologist. Seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic condition.