Are my swollen lips due to a fish allergy? for the second time in two weeks i've woken up with swollen lips. at first i thought it was because my lips were really chapped, or seasonal allergies. but when it happened for the second time this morning i go

Dr. Kuo-Chian Chang
Allergy and Immunology 52 years experience
The : The swollen lips are not likely due to salmon you ate the night before. It is called angioedema. There are many causes of angioedema. Food allergy reactions usually occur within 2 hours of eating. With your history of two episodes of anaphylaxis, you may want to see an allergist in your area to evaluate of the nature of the angioedema.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
Lip sucker: It is possible you have an allergy but are there any others swollen? Also you could be sucking your lips as you sleep as a nervous or stress reaction.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016