If i get surgery to correct my deviated septum, will it also change the shape of my nose?

Dr. Clark Schierle
Plastic Surgery 18 years experience
Nose Reshaping: In cases where the septal deviation is contributing to a deviation of the visible part of the nose, straightening the septum may correct some of this deformity. Most of the time, correction of external nasal appearance will require a cosmetic rhinoplasty or nose reshaping procedure in addition to the septoplasty which primarily helps your breathing.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
No: Properly done "septoplasty" does not change the external appearance of the nose.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Septal surgery: Yes. the shape of the nose can change after septoplasty. Have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist,

Last updated Oct 4, 2016