eyelash problems: some are leaning to the right or left, bent towards eyeball, and some are sticking straight out. why?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Inflammation: When the eyelid margin (where the lashes come out of the skin) is inflamed, its contours can become distorted. This forces the lashes to become misdirected. Certain medications (glaucoma medications, for example) can also cause lashes to grow long and disorderly. Rarely, eyelid cancers (basal cell, squamous cell...) can also distort the lids. See an eye doctor if this is new.