U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

Does an allergic reaction to a body wash, soap or shower gel cause a yeast infection in your vagina?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Possible: I definitely know people who have very sensitive genitalia to different chemicals including ones you just mentioned. Make sure you don't get those inside when you are showering. Try to use plain water. If you already have discharge/discomfort/symptoms, seek help, as you may need to have them treated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 13, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.