A member asked:

What should i do if i've been suffering from ankle pain for over a year?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Sabb answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

That is a long time: I would recommend you get evaluated by your pcp. At some point he or she may want you to see a foot and ankle specialist. There are many possibilities as to your diagnosis. It depends on whether or not you had trauma 1 year ago. You could have an injury (bone, ligament, tendon) that has not healed properly. Could be arthritis. Many other possibilities, prob should get and x-ray series.

Answered 10/6/2013


Dr. Eric Bluman answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery

See an orthopaedist: There are a number of things that can result from this type of injury . I recommend that someone with this type of injury be seen by an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon for a definitive diagnosis and treatment. One in your are can be found at www.Aofas.Org.

Answered 12/9/2013



Related Questions