how before the bad taste from wisdom teeth extraction goes away?

Dr. Janelle Ferber-Stumpf
Dentistry 38 years experience
Depends: A bad taste after an extraction can be from infection or food caught in the wound area. Have it checked by your dentist and treat it appropriately.
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dentistry 20 years experience
Depends: The bad taste you experience could be simply from slight oozing of blood from the sockets. This is usually gone in 1-2 days. You may also get a bad taste if food is getting into the sockets or if there is infection from the extraction or other teeth in your mouth. Go back to the dentist or oral surgeon to be evaluated for these if the taste persists beyond the first 2 days.