have does had a abcess drain at the dentist yesterday how long does it take for the swelling of my top lip take to go down?

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
Shortly...: I would expect that swelling to decrease appreciably within a few days. If this does not happen i would contact the dentist for an evaluation to make sure things are not getting worse.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry 58 years experience
2 to 3 days: What else was done or scheduled. If there is a cause for the infection needing drainage, that cause has to be addressed.
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry 20 years experience
A few days: You are probably taking antibiotics and the swelling should go down with in a few days.

Last updated Sep 14, 2013