Canada

Is a saline nasal spray safe to use with asthma and allergies? thanks.

Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Allergy and Immunology
Absolutely: Saline irrigation of the nose is safe and effective. I encourage all my nasal allergy patients to rinse their nose. There are also non=allergic forms of nasal disease as well as chronic sinusitis, where nasal irrigation is crucial.
Dr. Thad Woodard
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes: Yes but try to keep the saline as clean a possible.
Dr. John Norvell
Allergy and Immunology 21 years experience
Yes: Some people will find that nasal saline irrigation is more effective than prescription medication. Different delivery devices can be found at your local pharmacy and your pharmacist may actually be able to help you choose the right device for you.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016