Australia

how can i get a diagnosis whether my blotchy red face is asian flush or whether it is rosacea? sun/heat have the same affect on my face as alcohol.

Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology 38 years experience
Flushing : You are describing flushing which is separate from rosacea but can be seen in association with rosacea.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
See a dermatologist: No one can diagnose your condition without a propper history and examination.
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology 29 years experience
Flushing : Rosacea is characterized by red bumps or pimples on the forehead, nose and cheeks. Some people appear more flushed and blush more when exposed to changes in temperature, etc. Often there is a genetic component to this and more common in fair skinned individuals. See a dermatologist for the flushing and reddened face as well as to determine if rosacea is present. Sunscreen is important.

Last updated Aug 5, 2018