could hair loss and teeth chipping have anything to do with eating gluten?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Possibly: Nutrition plays a much larger role in our entire health these days because of all the processed foods and the environment. If you have a concern, i would see a dr. Who hopefully can point you in the right direction as far as a certified nutritionist and/or allergist.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013
1
Dr. Kim Capehart
19 years experience Dentistry
Diet: I feel diet can affect many aspects of the body so going to your doctor to rule out allergies is needed.
Answered on Nov 20, 2012
1
Dr. Howard Schneider
33 years experience Pediatric Dentistry
Tooth Grinding: Your teeth chipping is most likely related to tooth grinding (bruxism). While not directly related to gluten, if you have celiac disease (gluten allergy) this could be causing you stress, and stress can be one cause of bruxism. See your M.D. To be evaluated for celiac disease and see your dentist to evaluate your tooth and possibly make you a night guard to protect your teeth from night time grind.
Answered on Sep 13, 2013