U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

Can i use surgery to change where my eyes are?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ajay Gupta
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Not really: Major repositioning of the eyes is nearly impossible. The eyes are set within the orbits or eye sockets, and repositioning would require major reconstructive orbital surgery. However cosmetic surgery of the eyelids and surrounding tissues can somewhat change the appearance of the position of the eyes. Orbital surgery, when indicated, say for graves' disease, can relieve proptosis or bulging.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 17, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.