Is it weird for my pastor to get cosmetic surgery and then ask me to donate?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Cosmetic or reconstr: A patient may go to a plastic surgeon for reconstructive surgery to repair a defect caused by injury, infection, trauma, tumor or more. While cosmetic surgery has been shown to have many psychological benefits and this may improve the overall psychological health of your pastor or make him better able to relate to others but if purely for aesthetic purposes, then it is a decision you must make.

Answered 5/1/2019

5.5k views

Dr. John Di Saia answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

It might be....: It seems funny if your pastor had discretionary surgery for solely cosmetic reasons particularly if you might have paid for it. Some cosmetic operations have aspects that are medically indicated however, such as internal nasal surgery for breathing.

Answered 11/20/2012

5.5k views

Dr. Adam Hamawy answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Yes: Yes, that is very unusual.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.4k views

Yes.: If the donated money is being used for personal “cosmetic surgery”, i would consider this weird or unethical.

Answered 3/30/2013

5.2k views