U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

How do i help a friend that has stopped drinking but is shaking and his hands are going numb?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 40 years experience
Doctor or ER ASAP: Your friend is having withdrawals from the alcohol. Not know how they will progress, it is best that you not take on this responsibility and get him to a physician. They need to be seen on an urgent/emergent basis ... Now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 20, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.