I had hysterectomy & novasure endometrial ablation done 5 weeks ago, my doctor has not been specific as to when is safe to have sex. is it safe now?

Dr. Devin Namaky
Clarify: It is unlikely that you had a hysterectomy and endometrial ablation done at the same time. Do you mean hysteroscopy? If so, it's probably safe.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Adler
Obstetrics & Gynecology 31 years experience
U mean hysteroscopy: I recommend no intercourse for two weeks, but your physican may want you to wait longer, so you should follow his/her instructions. There is no need to wait six weeks. Remember, there are alternatives to intercourse ;).
Last updated Jan 13, 2021