U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Gully, MN
A 37-year-old female asked:

For uterus over 10cm with heavier bleeding and cramping would you recommend endometrial ablation or hysterectomy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Carrie Cannon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Perhaps both: If you are not pregnant now, endometrial ablation to stop the current bleeding while you wait on an elective hysterectomy if indicated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.