is lyrica (pregabalin) normally used to treat pain, or does it have another use?

Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Anesthesiology 29 years experience
Yes: Lyrica (pregabalin) or Pregabalin is primarily used for treating various neuropathic pain disorders. It does have some anti-anxiety and anti-seizure property as well.
Dr. Norman Marcus
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Lyrica (pregabalin) uses: Lyrica (pregabalin), like other medications that can suppress epileptic seizures, can also treat nerve pain associated with shingles and diabetes. Lyrica is also approved for the treatment of pain related to fibromyalgia syndrome.