U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

how long should it take for vision to normalize after having lasik surgery?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Quickly: Most patients see very well the next day, with small improvements over the next few weeks!
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Lasik: Vision after lasik stabilizes over a few months. 90% of healing occurs in first 24 hours but remaining 10% takes a period of weeks. Time to best vision also varies some between patients. Most patients have vision adequate for driving by the postop day one visit.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

What can I expect in a sinus surgery?

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 14 years experience
Improvement: You should expect to breathe better with less nasal congestion, decreased sinus pressure/pain and decreased number of sinus infections. More info at www.Socalsinus.Com.
A 40-year-old member asked:

Is cosmetic surgery covered by insurance?

6 doctor answers28 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Facial Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
Insurance coverage: Cosmetic surgery is usually not coverd by insurance unless there is a functional component or the surgery is actually a reconstructive one such as following an accident or trauma. A doctor needs to have it evaluated and submit request for prior authorization.
A 31-year-old member asked:

What does the anesthesiologist do on the day of lumbosacral spasm surgery?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Orrin Ailloni-Charas
Anesthesiology 29 years experience
A thorough: History and physical will be performed and a plan will be crafted suited to your needs and desires. The plan will be discussed with you and your questions answered prior to the beginning of the anesthetic.
A 53-year-old female asked:

Vision due to old age?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Weeks
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Presbyopia: Most people have trouble focussing closely as they get older. Changes in vision from cataracts and/or macular degeneration are also very common. Any sudden change in vision should be evaluated promptly since all of the above occur gradually.
A 48-year-old member asked:

Could a tonsillectomy have caused my vision/hearing problems?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Complications: Hearing problems can be associated with adenotonsillectomy. Infection can set in causing matoiditis or periostis. Perforated tm can happen or irritation to the facial or auditory nerve. Visual problems this practitioner is not familiar with.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Jan 6, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.