What are natural ways to get rid of keloid scars?

Dr. George Yang
Facial Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Not that I know of: Keloids are tough to treat even in the hands of medical experts. Using natural remedies will be even harder. I have seen balms and creams to get rid of moles, warts and other skin lesions. I believe those are some kind of acid, which causes a chemical peel of the lesion. If this were done to a keloid, it would likely make it worse. Be careful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Walker
Plastic Surgery 27 years experience
Keloid Rx: The safest approach is silicone tape/gel (myscaraway, from walgreens/online), steroid/bleomycin injections immunosuppressant/chemotherapyagent) only in pro hands, electron-beam radiotherapy, almost never excision unless radiotherapy can be guaranteed within 24hr after excision. Be very careful or it will be made worse by cutting it! close follow up for 2yrs+ to monitor for recurrence essential!