U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I am having a lot of pain in my knees i have been to doctors to transfer me to hospital but he wouldnt what do u think is the problem?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frederick Michael Elliott
Family Medicine 21 years experience
See a specialist.: If you have seen several doctors for persistent knee pain without a diagnosis, it is better to discuss your symptoms with a joint specialist to get another opinion. Your primary care doctor should be able to refer you to a specialist (such as an orthopedist or rheumatologist) to exclude an injury or rheumatic condition. You need a correct diagnosis in order to receive proper treatment.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.