does water have calories? at all

3 doctor answers
Dr. Michael Wall
No: Water contains absolutely no calories at all.
Answered on Dec 17, 2013
4
Dr. Thomas Inwood
34 years experience Podiatry
Water: Nope.
Answered on Dec 17, 2013
1
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
I would just caution that the flavored waters and 'energy' drinks may have some calories. But, in general, as I am sure you already know water is without any calories.
Dec 17, 2013
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
40 years experience Preventive Medicine
No: Calories↑H20Temp: A calorie = the amount of heat energy required to warm 1 milliliter of water 1 degree Centigrade. The food label calorie is a kilocalorie; the amount of energy needed to warm 1000 ml (1 liter) of water 1 degree centigrade. Thus food with 500 calories can, burned completely, release enough energy to warm 500 liters of water 1 degree centigrade. Calories have no mass; don't show on body weight scale
Answered on May 19, 2014
1
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
40 years experience Preventive Medicine
Provided original answer
While energy & matter are interchangeable: the whole meaning of Einstein's great insight: E=mc2 (Energy=mass times the speed of light squared), from a human perspective they are always in only 1 form; not both, at the same time & the conversion coefficient is gigantic. I.e. Gigantic amounts of energy coalesce to tiny amounts of matter & tiny amounts of matter convert to Gigantic amounts of energy!
May 18, 2014