I have a large bubble inside my lower lip, what is it?

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. James Wright answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Mucocele?: Possibly a mucocele... Best to see a dentist to determine if that is the correct diagnosis. They can disappear on their own, especially in younger people. Steroids and oil of primrose can both be used to treat them. They can also be removed surgically. They may reoccur.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Theodore Ritota answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Usually 1 of 2 : Both benign, but get checked out. Sounds like either mucocele or hemangioma.

Answered 3/22/2013

5.5k views

Dr. Harvey Shiffman answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Difficult to answer: Without seeing a photo or your lip it is difficult to diagnose. It could possibly be a mucocele which is caused by the damage or blockage of the minor saliva glands located in the inner lip lining

Answered 7/1/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Harry Aronowitz answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Blocked duct: It might be a blocked duct of a tiny salivary gland. An oral surgeon can make the diagnosis and remove the tiny gland.

Answered 4/25/2015

5.1k views