AL

My ears hurt when i swallow and my throat is a little sore. what's the problem? and what should i do to treat it?

Dr. Robert Greer
URTI: Upper respiratory tract infection.Usually this is a viral infection and will resolve without antibiotics.The usual regime of rest, warm fluids like tea and soups, salt water gargles, and i'd recommend a decongestant like pseudophed to assist in the ear clearing problem.
Dr. TED FEDER
41 years experience
Treat For Cold: It sounds like you may be have a cold with congestion: sore throat, and if your eustacian tubes are closed or restricted with mucus or inflammation, the pressure in your ears can hurt with swallowing. Kind of like when you go to high altitude and swallowing causes your ears to "pop" and equilibrates the pressure. Treat? Decongestants, fluids, rest.