Sedalia, MO

had ct of chest and it said i had residues of old granulomatous disease what is that?

Dr. Mazen Ghani
Radiology 24 years experience
Old granulomatous: Disease of the chest is a benign finding. See your doctor if symptoms persist.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Several posibilities: Granulomas are a result of some inflammatory insult to tissues. In the lung they may represent old fungal infection such as histoplasmosis, or may be tuberculosis (in which case you should have a PPD placed and read so that it is part of your medical history). Non infectious causes also occur, such as sarcoidosis, starch granulomas, foreign body granulomas, and on and on.