Jonesboro, AR

I am having period like cramps and i am 36 weeks pregnant but when i go to labor and delivery thy say i am just dehydrated could it be real labor pain?

Dr. Alan Patterson
YOu should: Be discussing this with your OB ! the only way to tell is to get on monitor either in your ob's offcie or the labor room, if u were my pt and u are not in labor i would offer to induce u at 39 weeks the earliest time it is acceptable to do an elective induction, i frequently do that and my pts are so happy they don't have to suffer any more, it is safe and works 99% of the time when I do it.
L&D evaluations: My expectation of the labor & delivery crew is that they check you & put on an external monitor to evaluate the status of the baby. Usually the process here would take an hour or two. If this has been done, they can rule out true labor. I would be concerned if they did anything less. Work on your hydration but remain vigilant. Ask for help deciding when to come in, but go in when you are worried.

Last updated Feb 1, 2015