I have a white and purple patch on the roof of my mouth. it kinda hurts. i started taking adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and it's been making my mouth really dry.?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John DeWolf answered

Specializes in

Have a dentist look at the patch on the roof of your mouth if it has persisted longer than 2 weeks and there is no known traumatic explanation for it. Dry mouth is a common side effect of many medications. A company called biotene makes many products that can help make you more comfortable including mouth moisturizers, mouthwash, gum and toothpaste. Check your drugstore

Answered Jan 31, 2016

5.5k views