i am on spirnolactone for hyperaldosteronism. will i have to take for life?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Likely: If the diagnosis was made correctly, you will need to be on this medication to control the blood pressure and low potassium. There is another drug called Eplerenone that has less side effect than spironolactone. Talk to your doc about options.
Answered on Apr 29, 2015
Dr. Clarence Grim
57 years experience Endocrinology
Spiro for life?: No. You can have surgery to cure if you have single adenoma (rare). You can take Inspra (eplerenone) instead. or you can DASH for the rest of your life like your life depended on it and need less spiro or inspire. I think I have recommended DASH before. How is it going?
Answered on Dec 2, 2015