U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

My feet hurt a lot from standing all day at work. what is the best type of shoe i should wear?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 44 years experience
Comfortable: Weat shoes that breathe, have good arch supports, are supple, have a cushioned sole and give overall foot support. You may have to have orthotics places or buy supports especially in the area of the arch. Wear good absorbent socks or woolen socks. Make sure you let your shoes dry out after each days wear. You may wish to have two pairs of shoes.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Several things: You want a soft, well padded shoe, with good arch support.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Need insole: Use arch support - like walk fit to support all 4 arches of feet. Walk-fit cost $20 vs good feet $200.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.