A 34-year-old member asked:

How can i deal with pseudogout?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Makowiec
Hand Surgery 29 years experience
Depends: Some of it depends on location. Early and easy treatment can consist of ice, rest, and anti-inflammatory medications (motrin, alive, etc.). If the pain persists, see an orthopedic surgeon for a more detailed exam and possibly other treatments (steroid injections, surgery, etc.).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 43-year-old member asked:
How can I prevent a pseudogout attack?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A member asked:
What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for pseudogout?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
How does gout/pseudogout relate to arthritis?
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 51-year-old female asked:
Can stress trigger pseudogout? Also what can I do to prevent flareups of pseudogout
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old female asked:
Should a person with pseudogout avoid taking calcium supplements?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 20, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.