how long can it take for my swelling from tooth abscess recedes?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry 26 years experience
Depends : If untreated, the swelling can become worse - even life threatening. If you have been treated with a root canal or extraction, the swelling usually resolves within 48 hours. If you are still swollen after this time, or in pain contact your dentist.
Dr. James Yang
Dentistry 13 years experience
Swelling=infection: See a doctor to find source of infection. Don't wait for the swelling to go down.
Dr. Behram Dalal
Dentistry 31 years experience
It depends: On the cause for the abscess. In any event, it is best to be checked out as soon as possible by your dentist to determine the cause, put you on the appropriate medications, perform an I&D if necessary. Not advisable to play doctor yourself and internet treat yourself. Can have very serious consequences. Please be seen professionally.