Lincoln, NE

what are possible diagnosis' if i have severe hearing loss, clogged ear/pressure, ringing, but absolutely no dizziness/vertigo. and its not wax.?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Be seen ASAP!: Please do your self a favor and see an ENT right away. You might have sudden sensorineural hearing loss which needs high dose oral steroids and possible steroid injections. The sooner the treatment the better chance you will get your hearing back! make sure you let the ENT staff know that you lost your hearing suddenly and they usually try to get you in.
Dr. Edward Rhee
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
See ENT: Assuming this is a one-sided loss, here are some of a number of possible diagnoses, all of which should be evaluated by an ear, nose and throat specialist: 1) sudden sensorineural hearing loss - need to see ENT asap; 2) cochlear-variant meniere's disease (symptoms usually fluctuate); 3) vestibular schwannoma (aka acoustic neuroma).