A member asked:

How can i find a medical doctor to assist my wife in getting off of fioricet (acetaminophen butalbital and caffeine)? our rural area does not have addiction services

8 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

See below: Contact the american society of addiction medicine to see who they have near you. Be careful, not all addiction specialists are experienced in sedative issues.

Answered 10/20/2012


Dr. Pamela Pappas answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Addiction Medicine: There may be a physician trained in addiction medicine in your vicinity, even if there are no inpatient programs nearby. You can check the american society for addiction medicine web site's "find a physician" search engine: http://community.Asam.Org/search/default.Asp?M=basic some of these physicians are psychiatrists, but other backgrounds are there also.

Answered 9/23/2019



Related Questions