became addicted to adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) after completing treatment tried straterra, can i take stimulants still without worrying about abuse or addiction?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
No: There is a diffence between addiction and dependency. Anyone can become dependent on these medications and suffer withdrawal if stopped to quickly. Addicition is where you are abusing them and doing illegal or immoral things to acquire them. If the medication is necessary there is nothing wrong with taking it; knowing that you may have difficulty in weaning off later.
Answered on Sep 20, 2019
2
Dr. William Goldie
48 years experience Pediatric Neurology
Avoid any!: Persons with a tendency for addiction can become dependent on any med. I do not approve of adhd meds for most people. Too much side effects for minimal benefit. In your case you must face your addiction tendency and be very cautious. I am very impressed you asked the question. That tells me you are already on the road to successful management. I wish you good health and controlled habits!
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Answered on May 19, 2015
1
1
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Provided original answer
Alternative therapy for ADD that I personally use is SBGA (alpha Sun) from SimplexityHealth.com/docsalgae and also a combination of Lavender, Peppermint and Citrus essential oils are very effective; email me and I will send you my recipe. [email protected]
Oct 15, 2012