U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I think i have dyslexia.im a medical student but a had so many problems in school and now in collage..i have low grads but im smart .what should i do?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology 56 years experience
Get tested: Speech and language pathologists are specialists in diagnosis and treatment of dyslexia. Since you are at a medical school, there will be such specialists available to you. See one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 52 years experience
All educational : Institutions that receive federal funding are required by law (idea) to provide accommodations for students with learning disabilities confirmed by a neuropsychological evaluation done within 3 years of the request. Talk with your college's special education team & a student health doctor. You must disclose your diagnosis & needed accommodations on medical-school applications to get help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 18, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.