A member asked:

How do i get tests for dyslexia without going through the school system?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

There are a variety of testing resources but these may be limited in some areas.The scottish rite hospitals may have a program in your area. Educational psychologists are often available to do the testing but this is labor intensive & can be expensive.Some test on referral by your dr & some accept self referrals. Many insurers do not cover this type of testing or require you to use their source.

Answered Mar 6, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor