can a rotator cuff injury cause tingling in my arm and wrist?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Could be from neck: I see many patients with rotator cuff tears that also have numbness, tingling, and even weakness below the shoulder into the arm, forearm, and wrist/hand. The neurological symptoms below the shoulder notoriously arise from an ongoing neck problem such as a pinched nerve within the cervical spine.
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Cuff pain: Classicl symptoms associated with a rotator cuff injury include us deltoid pain referred into the upper arm. Pain worsens with reaching and lifting, and frequently patiemtsncomplainmof worsening pain at night. Tingling and/or numbness is associated with nerve compression, which can occur in the neck or the arm.