do back braces work for sports injuries?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Yes: Braces provides local support which is important in sports injury.
Dr. Kim Fagan
Sports Medicine 34 years experience
Depends: Back injuries can be related to a variety of causes. In some of theses back braces may be helpful. Most of the time back braces are recommended only for temporary relief and support. Most important is an accurate diagnosis, targeted treatment and most often strengthening of the core muscles asap. If you are having back pain that is requiring you to wear a brace please see a physician.
Dr. Jonathan Kirschner
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 16 years experience
Not always: Usually it's better to stay loose when you have a back injury and not restrict movement with a brace.